Technical Interchange Meeting (TIM) on Fracture Control of
and their Payloads and Experiments
20-21 March 2013
Tennis Hall, Escape
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
The meeting will be held from 20-21 March at ESTEC (The Netherlands) and will provide a platform for discussions and exchanges between engineers in the area of Fracture Control of Spacecraft, Launchers and their Payloads and Experiments.
The TIM intends to build upon the successful fracture controle workshop held in March of 2011.
The purpose of the meeting is to exchange information on practices, experiences, and new developments relevant to a wide range of fracture control aspects of spacecraft and launchers.
Foresoon topics include:
- Facture control of composite spaceflight structures (incl. work on delamination assessment methodology);
- Pressure vessels and other pressurized hardware, incl. composite overwrapped pressure vessels (COPV) developments;
- Standardization (ECSS and related international standards);
- Non-destructive inspection - experiences;
- Fracture control experience for ISS payloads;
- Fracture control of unmanned missions;
- Fracture control tools and methodology (ESACRACK, Frames 2,...);
- Materials aspects; metallic and composite materials, brittle materials, stress corrosion,...;
In case you would like to make a presentation at the meeting, please contact the organisers via the contact page
We are looking forward to meeting an international audience here at ESTEC in March, both from inside and outside the ESA member states!
The format of the proceedings will be presentations.
The participation to the meeting will be free of charge. Participants must register via the registration page.