The European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Environmental Testing will take place at ESA/ESTEC The Netherlands from Tuesday March 20th 2012 to Friday March 23rd 2012.
The Conference is co-organised by ESA, DLR and CNES.
Further information about the venue is available here.
Aim and scope
The aim of the European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Environmental Testing is to promote and facilitate discussion and exchange of experience and information among members of the various mechanical engineering disciplines and environmental testing community concerned with spacecraft development, assembly, integration and verification.
The conference sessions will be devoted to:
- Mechanical architecture, design and engineering
- Materials (metallic, composite, ceramics)
- Structural dynamics, including shock and micro vibration
- In-flight experiments and flight data
- Environmental testing and test prediction
In addition, round-tables and mini-workshops will be arranged to facilitate open discussion on selected topics, e.g. ‘Inflatable Structures’ and ‘ECSS Standards’ Organisation
The Conference will include:
- plenary and splinter sessions
- poster sessions
- round-tables and mini workshops
- a technical exhibition (hardware, software)
The working language will be English.