Scatterometer Science Conference 2016
New challenges and opportunities
2-4 February 2016
ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
The European Space Agency (ESA) together with the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), is pleased to announce a science conference on spaceborne scatterometers to take place on 2-4 February 2016 at ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Today scatterometers are used operationally for wind, soil moisture and sea ice applications. The conference will provide an open forum focusing on the major challenges of scatterometry bringing together experts from science, applications and industry.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Present the latest technological developments, including innovative polarisation options considered for MetOp-SG Scatterometers;
- Assess emerging requirements and applications according to the challenges and opportunities provided by the recent technological advances;
- Consolidate and promote scatterometer science and applications over ocean, land and ice, ensuring the successful exploitation of the scatterometer data records available to date;
- Investigate synergies and complementarities with other scatterometer missions, in terms of data content and also spatio-temporal sampling;
- Provide a platform to exchange ideas between the engineering and science teams engaged in scatterometry, in order to stimulate the interaction between both communities.